Updated Apr 9/21
Panasonic Macro Lenses
Panasonic Leica 45mm f/2.8 Macro
Display Model on Sale $649
(HES045) - $999 - special order - usually takes 3 -5 days
Display model available for testing in the store.
The world's first Leica Micro Four Thirds lens, the Leica DG Macro-Elmarit
45mm/F2.8 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S., features exceptional image quality in a compact
The Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm/F2.8 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. (equivalent to 90mm on a 35mm film camera), features outstanding image quality that meets the renowned Leica standard. The new Leica lens uses both an aspherical lens and an ED lens comprised of fourteen lenses arranged in ten groups. This lens takes advantage of the Micro Four Thirds specifications to achieve a dramatic size decrease, while also minimizing distortion and glare. Panasonic's Mega Optical Image Stabilizer (O.I.S.) suppresses the blurring that is commonly caused by hand-shake, making it easy to shoot sharply-focused macro shots even in dimly-lit places without the need for a tripod.
The Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm/F2.8 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. lens incorporates an inner focus motor system that makes action smooth and silent when capturing still and video content. By flipping a switch on the lens barrel, the minimum focus distance can instantly be changed to 150mm or 500mm (approximately 5.9 inches or 19.7 inches respectively). This lens excels when taking portraits, mid-range snapshots and landscapes, in addition to macro shots.
When mounted on Lumix G Micro System Cameras, the Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm/F2.8 ASPH/MEGA O.I.S. lens allows for use of the advanced contrast Auto Focus (AF) system, which includes Panasonic's Face Recognition functions. It's comprised of seven blades, which produce an attractive and smooth background blur effect when shooting at larger aperture settings. These lenses also feature a highly-reliable metal mount, and use multi-coated lens elements to minimize glare and further enhance optical performance.
* 45mm focal length; equivalent to 90mm on a 35mm film camera
* Uses both an aspherical lens and an ED lens comprised of fourteen lenses arranged in ten groups
* Inner focus motor system makes action smooth and silent when capturing still and video content
* Minimum focus distance can instantly be changed to 150mm or 500mm
* Used with Lumix G Micro System Cameras, allows for use of the advanced contrast Auto Focus (AF) system
* Mounting Type: Micro Four Thirds
* Minimum focal length: 45 millimeters
* Minimum Focal Range: 5.9 inches
* Maximum Aperture Range: F/2.8
* Camera Magnify Power: 1 / 1
* Focus Type: auto-focus, manual-focus
* Weight: 7.9 Ounces