Updated Nov 13/18
Red DSMC2 Gemini
Red DSMC2 Gemini
Featuring Dual Sensitivity Modes, GEMINI is RED’s highest-sensitivity sensor to date and delivers exceptional low-light performance allowing for cleaner imagery with less noise and better shadow detail. The GEMINI features Standard Mode for well-lit conditions, and Low Light Mode for darker environments.
DSMC2 Gemini leverages lightning fast data rates up to 300 MB/s and records REDCODE® RAW, as well as proxy 4K Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR—simultaneously.
Joining the DSMC2 lineup, Gemini benefits from the advanced modularity of the RED ecosystem and offers cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing supply of modules and accessories. Also featuring interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, Gemini provides an all new perspective with full sensor coverage and support for your arsenal of S35 glass.
NOTE: The GEMINI BRAIN itself does not have a DC IN power port. A port expander or power module is required to power the camera.
BUILD YOUR RED GEMINI
Red DSMC2 Gemini Brain - $25,350 - more in soon
(710-0305) The Red eco-system is a modular system, and you start with the brain. You then add Red or 3rd Party modules to build your camera. Think of it like Lego, except a little more expensive. The Brain consists of the main body, sensor, MiniMag slot, and standard OLPF. That's it. Everything else is added on. Note - the Gemini brain is a DSMC2 body, and requires DSMC2-compatible accessories. What's included: The DSMC2 Brain, Front Body Cap, AC Adapter with Mini World Travel Adapter Kit, Red Torx L-Key T20, OPLF Case, and DSMC2 Brain Case.
LENS MOUNT - Gemini does not ship with a lens mount.
Choose from Canon EF, PL, Nikon, and Leica mounts. The lens mount is
user-changeable, so you can also change your lens mount depending on
the lenses you own, rent or buy.
ACCESSORY PACKAGE - Consider adding an Accessory Package, which combines various needed components together. Requires less thinking and angst, but it is also non-customizable.
CUSTOM BUILD - Want to build your camera piece by piece? Click on these individual categories to custom-build your Red your way:
MEDIA - You need Red MiniMag Media to record your footage, otherwise it will be pretty pointless to buy a camera.
Red Armour DSMC2 Extended Warranty - $3599
(780-0035) The DSMC2 Gemini comes with a standard 2 Year Warranty. You can purchase a Red Armour Extended Warranty that extends the warranty to 4 Years.
The great thing about RED is you can build it the way you want (or afford) now, and then endlessly change and add things.
GEMINI 5K S35 SPECS
- 15.4 Megapixel Dual Sensitivity CMOS Sensor, with effective pixels of 5120 x 3000
- Super35 Sensor Size: 30.72 mm x 18 mm (Diag: 35.61 mm)
- Dynamic Range: 16.5 Stops
- Maximum Data Rates: 300 MB/s when using Red Mini Mag 480GB & 960 GB; 225 MB/s when using Red Mini Mag 120GB & 240GB
- Maximum Frame Rates: 75 fps at 5K Full Height (5120 x 3000); 96 fps at 5K Full Format (5120x2700), 120 fps at 5K 2.4:1 (5120x2160), 120 fps at 4K Full Format (4096x2160); 150 fps at 3K Full Format (3072 x 1620); 240 fps at 2K Full Format (2048 x 1080), 300 fps at 2K 2.4:1 (2048x864). NOTE: When shooting at resolutions less than 5K, the sensor "windows", so you don't get the full size of the sensor when shooting 2K, 3K or 4K. The image will be cropped.
- Playback Frame Rates: 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 47.95, 48, 50, 59.94, 60 fps, all resolutions
- Redcode Raw Acquistion Formats: 5K Full Format (5120 x 2700): 2:1, 2.4:1, 16:9, 4:1, 8:1, and Anamorphic 2x, 1.3x (4K, 3K and 2K formats are also available at the similiar ratios, but the image will be "windowed" and cropped, so usually you don't shoot in anything other than 5K)
- RedCode Compression Settings: 2:1 RedCode for 5K Full Format at 24 fps, 8:1 RedCode for 5K Full Format at 96 fps
- Apple ProRes Formats:
4K (4096 x 2160): ProRes 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT up to 29.97 fps
2K (2048 x 1080): ProRes 4444 XQ, 4444, 422 HQ, 422, 422 LT up to 120 fps
- Avid Codecs:
4K (4096 x 2160): DNxHR HQX 12 bit, HQ, SQ and LB 8 bit, up to 29.97 fps
2K (2048 x 1080): DNxHR 444 12 bit
HD (1920x1080): DNxHD 444 and HQX 10 bit, HQ, SQ and LB 8 bit, up to 120 fps
Weight: 3.35 lbs (brain only)
Monitor Outputs: 1080p RGB or 4:2:2 via optional modules (SDI or HMDI depending on the module)